Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dead of Winter

Winter sucks, couldn't you tell by the lack of posts?  Unfortunately the sun is horrible in winter in the backyard and I have somewhat given up on trying to plant in the winter.  Since I live right by the freeway there are massive trees lining the backyard and blocks all but about 3 hours of sun.  I have some things planted back there but I planted them in November I think, and they are EXACTLY the same size now as they were back in November.  It's almost like time is frozen back there.  Anyway, I apologize that I am a horrible winter gardener, but hopefully in the next month I will start the real act of gardening again.  Need to get a leg up on planting this year!  More variation is what I am aiming for this time around.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your spirit, you need to think positive to this year. I think the winter hit everyone hard this time, I haven't seen the amount of snow for ages. I've managed to find some brilliant tips to help within the summer months. I found them over at http://thebloomingoasis.com